Josh Brewer is a
product designer living and working in San Francisco, California.
Josh is a vocal advocate for Design Leadership, writing and speaking about the challenges of building Design-led companies and products. As an active Advisor to several startups, a mentor at the Designer Fund, and part of the Kleiner, Perkins, Caulfield & Beyer Design Council, Josh continues to influence the centrality of Design in early and late-stage companies.
In addition to being co-creator of 52 Weeks Of UX, Josh most recently served as Principal Designer at Twitter where he led the design of key initiatives across the Twitter product. His unique perspective and experience are why, in 2012, Fast Company named him one of "fifty designers shaping the future of design."
Prior to joining Twitter, Josh was Director of User Experience at Socialcast, an Enterprise social communication platform, which was acquired by VMware in 2011.
Josh believes design is about relationships—at every level—and spends his time working to better understand and reinforce those connections.
When he's not designing something, he is most likely galavanting around the Bay Area with his wife, Dana, and their two kids, Ruth and Dillon.
- Making Good Design Decisions Prismatic Fireside Chat
- Designing For The Overloaded Consumer Panel Accel Design Conference 2014
- Design in Entrepreneurship Panel Founderdating
- Design is about relationships
updated Designers & Geeks
- Photoshop Lies! Beyond Tellerand 2013
- Redesigning Twitter IndustryConf 2013
- Responsive Times Call For Responsive Measures SmashingConf 2012
- What No-one Tells You (But You Need To Know) About Joining A Startup WarmGun 2012
- Design is about relationships Build 2011
- Designing All The Things Design+Startup
- The Great Discontent
- Kleiner Perkins Design Council writeup WSJ
- 50 Designers Shaping the Future Fast Company
- Type Study: Choosing Fallback Fonts Typekit
- The If I Could Do It All Over Again Questionnaire.-One Two One Two Microphone Check
- Josh Brewer on inspiration .Net magazine
- Day 70 on Kern & Burn's 100 Days of Design Entreprenuership Kern & Burn
- A Dozen Questions for Mr. Brewer Standardistas
- Responsive Summit recap
- 5 Designers Pick Their 5 Favorite Product Experiences GigaOm Roadmap Conference
- Hired.fm Interview
- Leading w/ Design Dorm Room Tychoon
- The East Wing
- Happy Mondays
- 12 Days of Podcasts Besquare
- The Industry Interview
- Pixelrecess Interview
- IndustryConf Interview